Don’t get stuck this Valentine’s Day in a cliche rom-com nightmare (UNLESS of course you like that!). Plan ahead with some great events and restaurants in Burlington and you’ll have a great night celebrating this most love filled holiday.
We’ve planned a bunch of great date night ideas right here in #BurON for you to enjoy with a date or friends. Have fun and remember planning is key for some of these, call and make reservations!
Skating and Romantic Dinner
Yeah yeah rom-coms are cheesy and lame but who doesn’t love those montages featuring the leads sharing a sundae, laughing happily and gazing into each others eyes. Create your own cheesy memories hand in hand skating at the Burlington Rotary Centennial Pond.
Follow it up with romantic dinner at one of our favourite spots:
- Spencer’s at the Waterfront (a short walk)
- The Water St. Cooker (featuring a special Valentine’s weekend menu)
Coffee and Dessert
Perfect for a short and sweet date night, perhaps you planned a Friday night date with someone new and totally forgot it was Valentine’s? Lay off the booze and skip right to dessert!
- Lola Choco Bar and Sweet House located in Village Square with great atmosphere, tasty treats and chocolates and a great drink menu
- Kelly’s Bake Shop treat yourself and your date to one of the best cupcakes in the world! Always gluten free, peanut free and vegan
Museum Exhibit and Lunch
Explore the newly reopened Joseph Brant Museum with the Giants, Dragons & Unicorns: The World of Mythic Creatures exhibit. They are open 10am-4pm so start with brunch or enjoy lunch after your visit in downtown Burlington:
- The Coop Wicked Chicken 80s and 90s nostalgia served up with delicious chicken.
- Pepperwood Bistro views of the lake, delicious food and great beers.
After Work Cocktails
It’s a classic date night for a reason. Have some appies, some drinks and good conversation is sure to follow. Map it out, make the evening a cocktail crawl and visit a few places. Just remember to drink responsibly!
- Start things off at Barra Fion Tapas and Barrel. Have a few delicious tapas and cocktails.
- Next check out Burlington’s own Scottish bar. Loch Side Bar & Lounge has Scottish fare and unique drinks in Downtown Burlington.
- From there you can walk to SB Prime for oysters and drinks.
Another classic is enjoying some live music. Burlington has so many great restaurants offering live music and there are a few special events planned for Valentine’s Day.
- You must try the Jamaican food at Vivene’s Island Cuisine. Check out their special Valentine’s menu from 4-8pm complete with live music.
- Valentine’s on a Friday calls for a party. Check out The Dickens for some live music and good drinks.
Hike and Health Food
We’re going there! Get your heart rate pumping with your sweetie and then eat some heart healthy food. Spend the day downhill skiing or snowboarding on the slopes at Glen Eden or check out the Bruce Trail for a great winter hike.
Fill up on healthy comfort food at one of these places:
- Lettuce Love: Fresh, healthy and hand made. Check them out for your favourite vegan foods.
- Boon Burger: Burgers and Beer! The perfect after hike meal all surprisingly vegan.
No matter how you spend this Valentine’s we hope it’s happy and full of love…and chocolate!
About the author: